Deepwater Ports Standards
Under the direction and supervision of the Chief, Office of Operating and Environmental Standards (CG-OES), the Chief, Vessel and Facility Operating Standards Division (CG-OES-2) shall:
- Develop and maintain regulations and standards for Deepwater Ports and processing Deepwater Port license applications. The Deepwater Port Act provides for the construction and operation of Deepwater Ports located beyond a State's seaward boundary for the purpose of the import or export of oil or natural gas to or from the United States.
- Coordinate agency and public review and participation in the Deepwater Port licensing process.
- Manage the development of a single Environmental Impact Statement for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA) for Deepwater Port license applications and associated federal permits.
- Develop guidance for oversight of post-licensing activities associated with the development of Deepwater Ports including the design, construction, and activation phases, environmental monitoring programs, operational procedures, risk assessments, security plans, safety and inspections.
- Maintain and update the regulations for Deepwater Ports, 33 Code of Federal Regulations Subchapter NN, (33 CFR Parts 148, 149, 150).
- Participate in national and international conferences to discuss the application license review process, technological advances in the transportation of liquefied natural gas and operation of deepwater port facilities, and environmental concerns related to deepwater ports.
- Develop Interagency Memorandums of Understanding, Memorandums of Agreement, and Cooperating Agreements among Federal and State Agencies for licensing deepwater ports.
Deepwater Ports Projects:
Below is a list of Deepwater Port Project Applications that have been received. To review the documents - access the Federal Docket Management System at Regulations.gov, then enter the docket number into the "Docket ID" field and click the "submit" button.
|Louisiana Offshore Oil Port
|ChevronTexaco Port Pelican LLC
|El Paso Energy Bridge LLC (now Excelerate Gulf Gateway)
|Shell US Gas & Power Gulf Landing LLC
|BHP Billiton Cabrillo PortLLC
|ConocoPhillips Compass Port LLC
|Freeport McMoRan Main Pass Energy Hub
|ExxonMobil Pearl Crossing LNG Terminal LLC
|ConocoPhillips Beacon Port LLC
|Excelerate Northeast Gateway Energy Bridge LLC
|Suez LNG NA Neptune LNG LLC
|Torp Bienville Offshore Energy Terminal
|Suez Calypso LNG, LLC
|Woodside OceanWay Secure Energy
|Port Dolphin Energy LLC
|Atlantic Sea Island Group LLC Safe Harbor Energy
|Texas Offshore Port System Crude Oil Port
|Port Liberty Deepwater Port Project, Liberty Natural Gas, LLC
|Port Ambrose Deepwater Port Project, Liberty Natural Gas, LLC
|Port Delfin LNG, LLC
|Texas Gulf Terminals, Inc.
|SPOT Terminal Services LLC (SPOT)
|Texas COLT LLC (Texas COLT)
More Helpful Information and Resources: