Recently added or updated resources on this site:
○ New! July 12, 2021: U.S. Coast Guard Safety Alert 04-21 addressing wire rope terminations. See our Safety Alert page for additional safety alerts and a link to the official U.S. Coast Guard Safety Alert and Lessons Learned page.
○ New! June 17, 2021: OSV Rescue Boat Davit System Testing Job Aid (also available on the Support Vessels Regulatory Guidance page).
○ New! June 16, 2021: Drill Down Issue #19, Standby Vessels (in the context of OSVs serving as Standby Vessels).
○ Recent - May 14, 2021: Summary page of National Offshore Advisory Committee (NOSAC) meetings (2011 through 2021) with links to additional NOSAC pages with the documents related to referenced meetings.
○ Recent - May 3, 2021: Updated OCS Accidents and Investigations Information with expanded information and features. See the individual tabs on the page for OCS-related USCG casualty investigation reports, NTSB accident investigation reports and briefs, USCG Safety Alerts/Lessons Learned, and information related to the Deepwater Horizon/Macondo Well blowout and FPS Auger Lifeboat No. 6 accidents.
○ Recent - April 28, 2021: FAQs for sound signals (i.e., fog horns) on fixed and floating OCS facilities that detail operational and general requirements for the sound signals. View the "Navigational Aids" section on the Fixed Platform FAQs or Floating OCS Facilities FAQs pages for more information.
○ Recent - April 19, 2021: FAQ related to the need to verify that obstruction lights on fixed platforms, floating OCS facilities and self-elevating MODUs are leveled and "focused" See the FAQ on the General FAQs page, or on the FAQ pages for any of the aforementioned unit types that are accessible through main menu links to the left.