Recently added or updated resources on this site:
○ New! October 7, 2021: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to Emergency Evacuation Plan (EEP) drills and exercises. The FAQs can be found on the General FAQs page or on the FAQs pages for MODUs, fixed platforms or floating OCS facilities.
○ New! October 6, 2021: Drill Down Issue #20, The MODU Codes explores the three IMO MODU Codes, their purpose and their amendments.
○ New! August 16, 2021: D8 OCS MSIB 21-03, Reporting Requirements and Mooring Arrangements for MODUs and Vessels Completing OCS Activities Intending to Cold Stack. This and additional D8 OCS MSIBs are available of the D8 OCS MSIB page.
○ New! August 10, 2021: CG-ENG Policy Letter 03-21, Acceptance of Helicopter Safety Advisory Committee (HSAC) recommended practice (RP) 161. The policy is accessible through the National Policy tabs of the Policy and Guidance pages for MODUs, Floating OCS Facilities and Support Vessels.
○ Recent - July 12, 2021: U.S. Coast Guard Safety Alert 04-21 addressing wire rope terminations. See our Safety Alert page for additional safety alerts and a link to the official U.S. Coast Guard Safety Alert and Lessons Learned page.
○ Recent - June 17, 2021: OSV Rescue Boat Davit System Testing Job Aid (also available on the Support Vessels Regulatory Guidance page).
○ Recent - June 16, 2021: Drill Down Issue #19, Standby Vessels (in the context of OSVs serving as Standby Vessels).
○ Recent - May 14, 2021: Summary page of National Offshore Advisory Committee (NOSAC) meetings (2011 through 2021) with links to additional NOSAC pages with the documents related to referenced meetings.
○ Recent - May 3, 2021: Updated OCS Accidents and Investigations Information with expanded information and features. See the individual tabs on the page for OCS-related USCG casualty investigation reports, NTSB accident investigation reports and briefs, USCG Safety Alerts/Lessons Learned, and information related to the Deepwater Horizon/Macondo Well blowout and FPS Auger Lifeboat No. 6 accidents.