What We Can Do For You
- Gather, organize and provide statistical information.
- Foster dialog between the Coast Guard and industry.
- Research towing vessel issues.
- Help ensure high level of consistency through training and policy guidance.
- Train towing vessel examiners.
- Provide onsite assistance.
11/07/2018: The Coast Guard has approved Engineering Design & Testing (EDT) as a third-party organization (TPO) to carry out certain functions in accordance with Subchapter M. A complete list of all ten Coast Guard approved TPOs can be found on the Coast Guard Approved TPOs webpage.
10/03/2018: The special consideration guidance in TugSafe Central has been updated. The new guidance can be found in the Appeals and Alternate Compliance Options section of TugSafe Central.
09/12/2018: The manning guidance in TugSafe Central has been updated. Additionally, new guidance entitled Determining Manning Levels has also been added to provide guidance and references regarding adequate manning levels for inspected towing vessels. The new guidance can be found in the Credentials, Documents and Reports section of TugSafe Central.
07/20/2018: Coast Guard Marine Safety Unit Portland, OR issued the first Coast Guard option Certificate of Inspection (COI) under Subchapter M.