What We Can Do For You
- Gather, organize and provide statistical information.
- Foster dialog between the Coast Guard and industry.
- Research towing vessel issues.
- Help ensure high level of consistency through training and policy guidance.
- Train towing vessel examiners.
- Provide onsite assistance.
04/09/2019: The Third-Party Organization webpage has been updated to reflect current auditor/assessor courses recognized by the Coast Guard as equivalent to an ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2000 or ISO 9001:2008(E) lead auditor/assessor course for the purposes of 46 CFR 138.310(d)(2) and 46 CFR 139.130(b)(3).
11/07/2018: The Coast Guard has approved Engineering Design & Testing (EDT) as a third-party organization (TPO) to carry out certain functions in accordance with Subchapter M. A complete list of all nine Coast Guard approved TPOs can be found on the Coast Guard Approved TPOs webpage.
10/03/2018: The special consideration guidance in TugSafe Central has been updated. The new guidance can be found in the Appeals and Alternate Compliance Options section of TugSafe Central.