What We Can Do For You
- Gather, organize and provide statistical information.
- Foster dialog between the Coast Guard and industry.
- Research towing vessel issues.
- Help ensure high level of consistency through training and policy guidance.
- Train towing vessel examiners.
- Provide onsite assistance.
09/12/2018: The manning guidance in TugSafe Central has been updated. Additionally, new guidance entitled Determining Manning Levels has also been added to provide guidance and references regarding adequate manning levels for inspected towing vessels. The new guidance can be found in the Credentials, Documents and Reports section of TugSafe Central.
07/20/2018: Coast Guard Marine Safety Unit Portland, OR issued the first Coast Guard option Certificate of Inspection (COI) under Subchapter M.
07/16/2018: TugSafe Lite has been expanded and retitled TugSafe Central.
06/06/2018: Towing vessel operators can verify the accuracy of their Automatic Identification System (AIS) broadcasted information through the Coast Guard’s Vessel Information Verification Service (VIVS) .