As a partner in Subchapter M compliance, this virtual course offering is designed to meet your Subchapter M familiarity and instruction needs. Whether a Coast Guard marine inspector, industry compliance officer or operator, or Third Party Organization representative, the narrated training modules address current policy and Coast Guard thinking. The training may be taken at any time and as many times as needed. Each module takes approximately 15-30 minutes to complete. For further discussion on any or all of the modules, or for training beyond the modules, you may schedule a live (virtual) session with the TVNCOE staff. The TVNCOE recommends no more than 15 students per live question and answer session. These sessions will be conducted either by teleconference or with the use of MS Teams and should be scheduled at least 30 days in advance so that the TVNCOE can best accommodate your request.
- ITV Welcome (Introduce TVNCOE staff, TVNCOE focus).
- Intro to Sub M (Illustrates the two compliance options and common aspects between them).
- Operations (Overview of Subchapter M operational requirements).
- Lifesaving (Overview of Subchapter M lifesaving requirements).
- Fire Protection (Overview of Subchapter M firefighting requirements).
- Engineering (Overview of Subchapter M engineering system regulatory requirements).
- Construction (Overview of Subchapter M vessel construction regulatory requirements).
- Dry Dock (Subchapter M dry-dock and internal structural examination requirements).
- TSMS The purpose of a TSMS. (Overview of the TSMS compliance process).
- TugSafe and TugSafe Central (Overview and demonstration of TugSafe (electronic inspection aid) and TugSafe Central (electronic compliance guidebook)).
Note: These presentations were developed using Microsoft PowerPoint. For optimal functionality you will need a program or app that fully supports PowerPoint presentations. Presentation download times will vary depending on network/internet connection speed.