USCG: IMO Subcommittee on
Carriage of Cargoes and Containers (CCC)
Please note: Some of the Web sites listed below are not federal government Web sites, and may not necessarily operate under the same laws, regulations and policies as federal Web sites.
Under the direct instruction of the Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) and as may be requested by the Marine Environment Protection (MEPC), the Sub-Committee on Carriage of Cargoes and Containers (CCC) considers matters related to the following subjects:
- effective implementation of the relevant conventions, codes and other instruments, mandatory or recommendatory, as appropriate, dealing with cargo operations, which include packaged dangerous goods, solid bulk cargoes, bulk gas cargoes, and containers;
- evaluation of safety and pollution hazards of packaged dangerous goods, solid bulk cargoes and gas cargoes;
- survey and certification of ships carrying hazardous cargoes;
- further enhancement of the safety and security culture, and environmental consciousness in all cargo and container operations; and
- cooperation with other relevant UN bodies, IGOs and NGOs
Additional details regarding the Sub-Committee's work program can be found in its Terms of Reference document.
At the end of each CCC meeting, a final report is prepared for submission to the Maritime Safety and Marine Environment Protection Committees. The final report provides a record of the issues discussed and actions taken by the Sub-Committee. The final reports of the most recent DSC and CCC meetings are provided for your reference.
Additional DSC meeting documents can be made available by the Coast Guard for U.S. citizens only. Please contact Ms. Amy Parker if you would like to obtain additional CCC documents.
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified: 2/6/2018