USCG: IMO Subcommittee on Ship Design and Construction (SDC)
Please note: Some of the Web sites listed below are not federal government Web sites, and may not necessarily operate under the same laws, regulations and policies as federal Web sites.
Under the direct instruction of the Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) and as may be requested by the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), the Sub-Committee on Ship Design and Construction (SDC) , formerly DE, FP, and SLF, considers matters related to the following subjects:
- design, construction, subdivision and stability, buoyancy, sea-keeping and arrangements, including evacuation matters, of all types of ships, vessels, craft and mobile units covered by IMO instruments;
- testing and approval of construction and materials;
- load line matters;
- tonnage measurement matters;
- safety of fishing vessels and fishermen; and
- survey and certification.
At the end of each SDC meeting, a final report is prepared for submission to the Maritime Safety and Environment Protection Committees. The final report provides a record of the issues discussed and actions taken by the Sub-Committee. The final reports of the most recent DE, FP, and SLF meetings are provided for your reference.
Additional SDC meeting documents can be made available by the Coast Guard for U.S. citizens only. Please contact LT Jon Duffett
if you would like to obtain additional documents.
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified: 2/6/2018