IMO Subcommittee on Pollution Prevention and Response (PPR)
Please note: Some of the Web sites listed below are not federal government Web sites, and may not necessarily operate under the same laws, regulations and policies as federal Web sites.
Under the direct instruction of the Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) and the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), the Pollution Prevention and Response (PPR) considers matters related to the following subjects:
- prevention and control of pollution of the marine environment from ships and other related maritime operations;
- safe and environmentally sound recycling of ships;
- evaluation of safety and pollution hazards of liquid substances in bulk transported by ships;
- control and management of harmful aquatic organisms in ships' ballast water and sediments, and biofouling; and
- pollution preparedness, response and cooperation for oil and hazardous and noxious substances.
Additional details regarding the Sub-Committee's work program can be found in its Terms of Reference document
At the end of each PPR meeting, a final report is prepared for submission to the Maritime Safety and Marine Environment Protection Committees. The final report provides a record of the issues discussed and actions taken by the Sub-Committee. The final reports of the most recent PPR and BLG meetings are provided for your reference.
Additional PPR meeting documents can be made available by the Coast Guard for U.S. citizens only. Please contact Mr. Pat Keffler
if you would like to obtain additional PPR documents.
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified: 2/6/2018