IMO Maritime Safety Committee (MSC)
Please note: Some of the Web sites listed below are not federal government Web sites, and may not necessarily operate under the same laws, regulations and policies as federal Web sites.
The Maritime Safety Committee (MSC) is a subsidiary body of the Council. MSC, which consists of all Member States, is the highest technical body of the Organization. The functions of the Maritime Safety Committee are to "consider any matter within the scope of the Organization concerned with aids to navigation, construction and equipment of vessels, manning from a safety standpoint, rules for the prevention of collisions, handling of dangerous cargoes, maritime safety procedures and requirements, hydrographic information, log-books and navigational records, marine casualty investigations, salvage and rescue and any other matters directly affecting maritime safety".
The Committee is also required to provide machinery for performing any duties assigned to it by the IMO Convention or any duty within its cope of work which may be assigned to it by or under any international instrument and accepted by the Organization. It also has the responsibility for considering and submitting recommendations and guidelines on safety for possible adoption by the Assembly.
Additional details regarding the Maritime Safety Committee can be found on the IMO Website.
At the end of each MSC meeting, a final report is prepared for submission to the Council. The final report provides a record of the issues discussed and actions taken by the Committee. The final reports of the most recent MSC meetings are provided for your reference.
- MSC 98 Final Report (upon request, exceeds file allowance)
- MSC 97 Final Report Corrigendum 2
- MSC 97 Final Report Corrigendum 1
- MSC 97 Final Report, Addendum 1, Corrigendum 1
- MSC 97 Final Report, Addendum 1 (upon request, exceeds file allowance)
- MSC 97 Final Report
- MSC 96 Final Report
- MSC 95 Final Report
- MSC 94 Final Report
- MSC 93 Final Report
- MSC 92 Final Report, Addendum 3
- MSC 92 Final Report, Addendum 2
- MSC 92 Final Report, Addendum 1
- MSC 92 Final Report
- MSC 91 Final Report, Corrigendum 1
- MSC 91 Final Report, Addendum 2
- MSC 91 Final Report, Addendum 1
- MSC 91 Final Report
- MSC 90 Final Report, Addendum 4
- MSC 90 Final Report, Addendum 3
- MSC 90 Final Report, Addendum 2
- MSC 90 Final Report, Addendum 1
- MSC 90 Final Report
- MSC 89 Final Report, Addendum 4
- MSC 89 Final Report, Addendum 3
- MSC 89 Final Report, Addendum 2
- MSC 89 Final Report, Addendum 1
- MSC 89 Final Report
Additional MSC meeting documents can be made available by the Coast Guard for U.S. citizens only. Please contact LCDR Staci Weist
if you would like to obtain additional MSC documents.
Download Plug-Ins: Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF)
Last Modified: 2/6/2018