Policy and Guidance - Vessels involved in OCS Activities
Vessels that support or conduct OCS Activities fall under numerous vessel types and categories. The majority of the vessels that are involved in this work are Offshore Supply Vessels (OSVs), Industrial Vessels or Small Passenger Vessels. These vessels are mostly regulated under 46 CFR Subchapters L, I and T, respectively. 46 CFR Subchapters D, F, J, O and S and 33 CFR also have applicabilities to these vessel types. For vessels involved in OCS Activities, the following chapters in the Marine Safety Manual (MSM), Volume II: Section G - OCS Activities apply:
○ Chapter 1, Regulations, Policy and Guidance for a Unit Conducting an OCS Activity, and
○ Chapter 6, Procedures Applicable to Other Vessels Engaged in OCS Activities.
Job Aids, which replaced the legacy CG-840 Books, will be posted on the Job Aid page (as they are revised and published).
Reference "Books" (by subject):
○ Vessel General Permit
"Old" CFRs (click on the "year"):
○ 46 CFR Subchapter I, "1995" and "1963"
○ 46 CFR Subchapter J, "1995" and "1981"
○ 46 CFR Subchapter T, "1995"