Outer Continental Shelf National Center of Expertise (OCSNCOE)
This page has the following content applicable to FOFs (click on item to be taken directly to that section):
1) USCG Marine Safety Manual (MSM), Vol II;
2) National Policy;
3) District Eight (Gulf of Mexico) Policy;
4) Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circulars (NVICs); and
5) Production Facility Applicability Flowchart.
Part 1: MSM
The following chapters of the Marine Safety Manual, Volume II: Section G - OCS Activities are applicable to FOFs:
○ Chapter 1, Regulations, Policy and Guidance for a Unit Conducting an OCS Activity, and
○ Chapter 4, Procedures Applicable to Floating OCS Facilities.
Part 2: National Policy
Policy Letters that apply to Floating OCS Facilities are listed in the tables below, grouped by issuing authority and ordered from newest to oldest (by policy number). Click on the policy number to open the document.
Part 3: District Eight (Gulf of Mexico) Policy
Part 4: Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circulars (NVICs)
NVICs that apply to Floating OCS Facilities are listed in the table below, ordered from newest to oldest (by NVIC number). Click on the NVIC number to open the document. ALL NVICs can be found on the Official NVIC Page.
Part 5: Production Facility Applicability Flowchart
For a pdf version of the applicability flowchart displayed below, click here.