Recently added or updated resources on this site:
○ New! Updated OCS Accidents and Investigations Information with expanded information and features. See the individual tabs on the page for OCS-related USCG casualty investigation reports, NTSB accident investigation reports and briefs, USCG Safety Alerts/Lessons Learned, and information related to the Deepwater Horizon/Macondo Well blowout and FPS Auger Lifeboat No. 6 accidents.
○ New! April 28, 2021: FAQs for sound signals (i.e., fog horns) on fixed and floating OCS facilities that detail operational and general requirements for the sound signals. View the "Navigational Aids" section on the Fixed Platform FAQs or Floating OCS Facilities FAQs pages for more information.
○ Recent - April 19, 2021: FAQ related to the need to verify that obstruction lights on fixed platforms, floating OCS facilities and self-elevating MODUs are leveled and "focused" See the FAQ on the General FAQs page, or on the FAQ pages for any of the aforementioned unit types that are accessible through main menu links to the left.
○ Recent - April 6, 2021: Drill Down Issue #18, MODU Certificate of Compliance: Option "B" - A Closer Look.
○ Recent - March 30, 2021: Policy Letters and NVICs are now searchable on the respective pages.
○ Recent - March 2021: Information is categorized by unit type (i.e., MODU, Fixed Platforms, Floating OCS Facilities, Support Vessels and Renewable Energy in the main menu to the left. Information is also accessible by subject (i.e., regulatory guidance and frequently asked questions) via the main menu. On pages containing large amounts of information/references, the content is further categorized via tabs.
○ Recent - March 2021: FAQ on the regulatory applicability for cranes on Floating OCS Facilities.