TSAC Overview: A brief overview of the Towing Safety Advisory Committee (TSAC)
Membership: Details of the current membership of TSAC as well as pertinent information for the members will be posted here.
- Seven members representing the barge and towing industry, reflecting a regional geographic balance.
- One member representing the offshore mineral and oil supply vessel industry.
- One member representing holders of active licensed Masters or Pilots of towing vessels with experience on the Western Rivers and the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway.
- One member representing the holders of active licensed Masters of towing vessels in offshore service.
- One member representing Masters who are active ship-docking or harbor towing vessel.
- One member representing licensed or unlicensed towing vessel engineers with formal training and experience.
- Two members representing each of the following groups:
- Port districts, authorities, or terminal operators.
- Shippers (of whom at least one shall be engaged in the shipment of oil or hazardous materials by barge).
- Two members drawn from the general public.
TSAC 2017 ByLaws: TSAC 2017 ByLaws have been updated to align with the revised 2017 TSAC Charter
TSAC 2017 Charter: TSAC Charter effective until JUNE 30, 2019
TSAC Past Accomplishments: The following attachment is a select list of recent accomplishments (i.e., input for development/update of CG regs. & policies), derived from the efforts of various TSAC subcommittees on CG-assigned tasks.
Return to TSAC Homepage
Return to OES Homepage