Office of Investigations & Casualty Analysis (CG-INV)
The Office of Investigations & Casualty Analysis (CG-INV) reports to the Director of Inspections & Compliance (CG-5PC) and is located at the U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters building in Washington D.C. The office is comprised of three divisions: Investigations Division (CG-INV-1), Compliance Analysis Division (CG-INV-2) and Data Administration & FOIA Division (CG-INV-3).
We lead Coast Guard's investigation program to promote safety, protect the environment, and to prevent future accidents.
The Office of Investigations and Analysis is directed by CAPT Jason Nuebauer. Mr. Timothy J. Farley serves as the Deputy Office Chief and LCDR Randy Waddington serves as the Division Chief of Investigations Division (CG-INV-1). The Analysis Division (CG-INV-2) is headed by CDR Michael Simbulan. The Data Administration and FOIA Division (CG-INV-3) is headed by the Division Chief Ms. Dawn Patterson.
Day-to-Day Activities and Key Processes:
- Manage marine casualty and pollution investigation programs.
- Manage pollution notice of violation program.
- Manage violation investigations; adjudicated by Hearing Officer.
- Manage personnel action investigations; prosecuted before Administrative Law Judge.
- Conduct administrative clemency boards.
- Manage drug and alcohol testing program.
- Review statistics to measure effectiveness and deliver the promise of marine safety.
- Support field in all of the above policy issues.
For additional program information access our Homeport site.
For Incident Investigation Reports (marine casualty reports autogenerated from MISLE) click here.
Internal Program Information For Investigators -training materials, presentations, etc. may be found in the Investigations Community on the Portal.
Contact the Office of Investigations & Analysis (CG-INV):
Office of Investigations & Analysis (CG-INV)
U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters
2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC 20593